- another term for ideogram
- ‘In Afrikan Alphabets, the author introduces a number of ideographs, pictographs and scripts devised and designed by Africans to express and represent a voice sound, a word, or an idea.’
- ‘Some pictographs were used as ideographs because they have different semantic meanings.’
- ‘Later to create more words, symbols were added to pictographs to form ideographs.’
- ‘The Bronze Age engravings in this region are symbolic pictograms, without any attempt at realism; there is also no indication that they should be evaluated as hieroglyphs or ideographs.’
- ‘Then ten years of school for learning the first thousand Chinese kanji ideographs, with thousands more to go.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek idea form + -graph.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.