One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fraudulent acquisition and use of a person's private identifying information, usually for financial gain.
- ‘If you do become a victim of identity theft place a fraud alert with one of the three major credit agencies.’
- ‘The thieves run scams in two ways: outright identity theft and impersonation fraud.’
- ‘You can get plenty of other help in resolving identity theft without spending a dime.’
- ‘It has to be said that, as crimes go, identity theft hardly lends itself to riveting drama in the same way as armed robbery or drug dealing.’
- ‘The single greatest deterrent to identity theft is probably a paper shredder.’
- ‘Using identity theft to generate finance agreements to purchase BMWs, Jaguars, etc was pretty smart.’
- ‘The collected details are used for credit card fraud and identity theft.’
- ‘It is estimated that identity theft currently costs the financial services industry £400m a year.’
- ‘It would lower the risk of consumer identity theft and unauthorized corporate system access.’
- ‘They were accused of using stolen and falsified credit cards, identity theft and banking fraud.’
- ‘The rise of identity theft and misuse of intellectual property has fueled smart card popularity as well.’
- ‘Sometimes these calls are used to gather information for equipment or identity theft.’
- ‘In response to the growing crime epidemic, many states have passed laws related to identity theft.’
- ‘Three recent revelations have driven home just how pervasive, and dangerous, identity theft can be.’
- ‘We're seeing a huge increase in identity theft and associated financial theft.’
- ‘The mandate of the unit is telemarketing fraud, identity theft, and the Nigerian scam.’
- ‘Their goal is identity theft, and to defraud the person who has become infected with the virus.’
- ‘Have you been the victim of identity theft or credit card fraud?’
- ‘The extra step is far less trouble than cleaning up after an identity theft.’
- ‘Many people innocently believe that they're safe from credit card fraud and identity theft in the brick and mortar world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.