Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The fraudulent acquisition and use of a person's private identifying information, usually for financial gain.
- ‘Their goal is identity theft, and to defraud the person who has become infected with the virus.’
- ‘Many people innocently believe that they're safe from credit card fraud and identity theft in the brick and mortar world.’
- ‘It has to be said that, as crimes go, identity theft hardly lends itself to riveting drama in the same way as armed robbery or drug dealing.’
- ‘We're seeing a huge increase in identity theft and associated financial theft.’
- ‘In response to the growing crime epidemic, many states have passed laws related to identity theft.’
- ‘The extra step is far less trouble than cleaning up after an identity theft.’
- ‘Sometimes these calls are used to gather information for equipment or identity theft.’
- ‘The mandate of the unit is telemarketing fraud, identity theft, and the Nigerian scam.’
- ‘It is estimated that identity theft currently costs the financial services industry £400m a year.’
- ‘If you do become a victim of identity theft place a fraud alert with one of the three major credit agencies.’
- ‘The single greatest deterrent to identity theft is probably a paper shredder.’
- ‘You can get plenty of other help in resolving identity theft without spending a dime.’
- ‘The rise of identity theft and misuse of intellectual property has fueled smart card popularity as well.’
- ‘Three recent revelations have driven home just how pervasive, and dangerous, identity theft can be.’
- ‘Have you been the victim of identity theft or credit card fraud?’
- ‘It would lower the risk of consumer identity theft and unauthorized corporate system access.’
- ‘Using identity theft to generate finance agreements to purchase BMWs, Jaguars, etc was pretty smart.’
- ‘The collected details are used for credit card fraud and identity theft.’
- ‘The thieves run scams in two ways: outright identity theft and impersonation fraud.’
- ‘They were accused of using stolen and falsified credit cards, identity theft and banking fraud.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.