Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A period of uncertainty and confusion in which a person's sense of identity becomes insecure, typically due to a change in their expected aims or role in society.
- ‘Certainly it did not stop me from further confusing the identity crisis by marrying a Bulgarian and choosing to make my home here.’
- ‘Aniston stars as an emotionally insecure woman who is having an identity crisis after being proposed to by Ruffalo.’
- ‘It creates an identity crisis and inferiority complexes vis-a-vis the colonizer.’
- ‘I'm just a person with an identity crisis, filled with self loathing and confusion.’
- ‘I think sometimes they have a identity crisis and I think they are having a huge identity crisis right now.’
identity crisis/īˈden(t)ədē ˌkrīsis/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.