A period of uncertainty and confusion in which a person's sense of identity becomes insecure, typically due to a change in their expected aims or role in society.
- ‘Certainly it did not stop me from further confusing the identity crisis by marrying a Bulgarian and choosing to make my home here.’
- ‘Aniston stars as an emotionally insecure woman who is having an identity crisis after being proposed to by Ruffalo.’
- ‘It creates an identity crisis and inferiority complexes vis-a-vis the colonizer.’
- ‘I'm just a person with an identity crisis, filled with self loathing and confusion.’
- ‘I think sometimes they have a identity crisis and I think they are having a huge identity crisis right now.’
identity crisis/īˈden(t)ədē ˌkrīsis/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.