One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
A picture of a person, especially one sought by the police, reconstructed from typical facial features according to witnesses' descriptions.as modifier ‘an identikit photograph’
- ‘She has been extremely helpful with the information she provided yesterday to enable us to put the identikit together.’
- ‘Police may get a better picture of a suspect by ‘morphing’ together identikits obtained from more than one witness description, researchers said yesterday.’
- ‘The book will teach children to interpret all forms of abuse, and how to reach the police, give evidence, and complete an identikit.’
- ‘Or was it when you saw images of earthquake damage, diseased people or identikit pictures of recently deceased people.’
- ‘There is another identikit in that section, 857 point 4, with a person with long hair, but I think that is a different offender.’
1960s: blend of identity and kit.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.