One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by idealism; unrealistically aiming for perfection.‘idealistic young doctors who went to work for the rebels’
utopian, visionary, romantic, quixotic, dreamy, unrealistic, impractical, castle-buildingView synonyms
- ‘Is it naively idealistic to imagine a British prime minister taking on such a Herculean burden?’
- ‘There are parallels with Preston Tucker, the idealistic American inventor.’
- ‘For everything else you might say about Sun, this is a noble idealistic and inspiring aspiration.’
- ‘It can, admittedly, be hard to distinguish between being idealistic and being unrealistic.’
- ‘Is the whole idea that there possibly could be something more to it just some idealistic fairytale notion?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.