Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Reduce (a window on a screen) to a small symbol or graphic representation of itself so as to make room for other windows.
- ‘Windows belonging to the same Window groups can be iconified, killed, moved and shaded all at the same time.’
- ‘They provide the facility which allows you to move your windows around the screen, iconify and maximize them, and kill off those applications which just refuse to go away.’
- ‘When the smoothdock program is running, everything becomes iconified, except the pager for the virtual desktops, including running tasks.’
- ‘This tool can be handy for long-running tasks; substitute the program name for the sleep command, and it will iconify the window, do the work and get back in your face when it's done.’
- ‘Moreover, Celtic Kings iconifies badly, which is annoying for me because I'm always trying to do something in the background.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.