Reduce (a window on a screen) to a small symbol or graphic representation of itself so as to make room for other windows.
- ‘This tool can be handy for long-running tasks; substitute the program name for the sleep command, and it will iconify the window, do the work and get back in your face when it's done.’
- ‘Windows belonging to the same Window groups can be iconified, killed, moved and shaded all at the same time.’
- ‘They provide the facility which allows you to move your windows around the screen, iconify and maximize them, and kill off those applications which just refuse to go away.’
- ‘Moreover, Celtic Kings iconifies badly, which is annoying for me because I'm always trying to do something in the background.’
- ‘When the smoothdock program is running, everything becomes iconified, except the pager for the virtual desktops, including running tasks.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.