One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For more than four decades, the superpowers competed across a host of dimensions - militarily, technologically, ideologically, economically, culturally, and iconically (as in space and sport).’
- ‘Love, like its iconically titled predecessor, Paradise, is simultaneously an intriguing flirtation with the mystery-novel form and an unsettling meditation on the ideas we think define us.’
- ‘A grand sense of confidence accompanies the new materialism, and is exemplified by the towering steel needle, the Dublin Spike, which stands iconically in the very heart of the capital.’
- ‘In earlier paintings at the museum, motifs borrowed from magazines - a raised black fist, a somber portrait - are iconically placed amid rollicking abstract forms suggesting graffiti tags.’
- ‘Of the 11 omissions, the most astonishing of all has to be Honky Tonk Women - a song which is surely as iconically Stones-like as it gets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.