One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A congenital skin condition that causes the epidermis to become dry and rough like fish scales.
- ‘More serious dry skin conditions, such as the inherited group of disorders called ichthyosis, can sometimes be disfiguring and may cause psychological distress to people living with them.’
- ‘Specific manifestations include papules, plaques, lupus pernio, scar sarcoidosis, and rare morphologies such as alopecia, ulcers, hypopigmented patches, and ichthyosis.’
- ‘Severe dry skin is a feature of certain genetic diseases such as atopic dermatitis and ichthyosis (fish scale-like skin).’
- ‘Most healthcare professionals know about Arthritis Care and the Alzheimer's Disease Society, but do you know where to find support groups for people with Kawasaki disease, ichthyosis, or acne?’
- ‘The differential diagnosis includes venous stasis dermatitis, pretibial myxedema, filariasis, and ichthyosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.