One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of zoology that deals with fishes.
- ‘The histories of botany, ornithology, ichthyology etc. follow similar patterns.’
- ‘Zoogeography integrates a variety of disciplines within ichthyology (ecology, physiology, systematics, paleontology, geology and biogeography) to explain patterns of fish distribution.’
- ‘To return to from impressionism to ichthyology, I am suggesting that behavioral and ecological characters of living fishes may be useful to understanding the evolution of Esociformes.’
- ‘There is something for everyone, whether their interest is in electronics, engineering, palaeontology, biology, genetics, chemistry, ichthyology, supersonics, space, aliens or anything else of - or indeed not of - this planet.’
- ‘The range and detail of information in this book will make it a valued library addition to students of anatomy and physiology as well as those specializing in ichthyology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.