One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of zoology that deals with fishes.
- ‘To return to from impressionism to ichthyology, I am suggesting that behavioral and ecological characters of living fishes may be useful to understanding the evolution of Esociformes.’
- ‘The range and detail of information in this book will make it a valued library addition to students of anatomy and physiology as well as those specializing in ichthyology.’
- ‘Zoogeography integrates a variety of disciplines within ichthyology (ecology, physiology, systematics, paleontology, geology and biogeography) to explain patterns of fish distribution.’
- ‘There is something for everyone, whether their interest is in electronics, engineering, palaeontology, biology, genetics, chemistry, ichthyology, supersonics, space, aliens or anything else of - or indeed not of - this planet.’
- ‘The histories of botany, ornithology, ichthyology etc. follow similar patterns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.