Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of zoology that deals with fishes.
- ‘The histories of botany, ornithology, ichthyology etc. follow similar patterns.’
- ‘Zoogeography integrates a variety of disciplines within ichthyology (ecology, physiology, systematics, paleontology, geology and biogeography) to explain patterns of fish distribution.’
- ‘The range and detail of information in this book will make it a valued library addition to students of anatomy and physiology as well as those specializing in ichthyology.’
- ‘There is something for everyone, whether their interest is in electronics, engineering, palaeontology, biology, genetics, chemistry, ichthyology, supersonics, space, aliens or anything else of - or indeed not of - this planet.’
- ‘To return to from impressionism to ichthyology, I am suggesting that behavioral and ecological characters of living fishes may be useful to understanding the evolution of Esociformes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.