Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tall poppy that is widely cultivated for its colorful flowers and suitability for cutting, native to arctic and north temperate regions.
- ‘Buy young plants of calendula, Iceland poppy, pansy, primrose, snapdragon, stock, and viola.’
- ‘From sixpacks, try calendula, Iceland poppies, pansies, primroses, snapdragons, stock, or violas.’
- ‘Interplant pink ranunculus with salmon Iceland poppy and red-purple pansies, and accent with a few yellow and pink English primroses.’
- ‘If you want to keep the pot center stage, remove the mum and replace it with a spring bloomer such as Iceland poppy or primrose.’
- ‘Clarkias, Iceland poppies, pansies, and stock can't stand intense summer heat.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.