One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of two succulent plants that are widely cultivated for their flowers.
- ‘A similar response to drought or salt stress was observed for McCDPK1 in common ice plant.’
- ‘If you want to attract butterflies to your garden in late summer and autumn, look no further than the ice plant, a perennial which has pretty domed heads of pink flowers above thick, succulent leaves.’
- ‘The ice plant's lime green foliage contrasts strongly with prickly silver mats of neighboring pinks.’
- ‘Expression of McHAK2 and McHAK3 was stimulated in leaves of the ice plant in response to high salinity.’
- ‘I topped this one with a piece of ice plant, the most amazing salad leaf imaginable.’
ice plant/ˈīs ˌplant/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.