One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cold drink consisting of ice cream served in a glass with flavored soda water or another soft drink.‘they always got double scoops in their ice cream sodas’
- ‘She says he can buy her an ice cream soda after the show (how times have changed!!)’
- ‘The ice cream soda was the first that I had drunk for at least thirty years.’
- ‘"If I wanted a treat," continues my grandma, "I'd have a chocolate ice cream soda."’
- ‘Said Nash, "Instead of obtaining stimulation from work, the young people of today are to be found sitting around soda fountains devouring ice cream sodas."’
- ‘Floats and other non-alcoholic fountain classics, like ice cream sodas, soared in popularity until the end of Prohibition.’
- ‘One gentleman and his wife in the audience must have felt sorry for this lonely, neglected boy and took me afterwards for an ice cream soda, a treat I remember to this day.’
- ‘I hate milk shakes but really love ice cream sodas.’
- ‘For a fast treat, try this twist on an ice cream soda: layer scoops of ice cream with chunks of cantaloupe and top with lemon-lime soda.’
- ‘I'd skip from the store, ready for the promised ice cream soda waiting at the Sweet Shop.’
- ‘Over an ice cream soda George asks Emily if she will write to him while he is away at college.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.