One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of strong lager brewed at subzero temperatures so that ice crystals form. These are then strained off to remove impurities and excess water.
- ‘A lot of ice beers and dry beers came out in the early 1990s, then things shifted back to the core brands.’
- ‘Virtually all imports, with the exception of Canadian ice beers, have demonstrated strong growth over the last two or three years.’
- ‘There was a bit too much emphasis on Molson Ice, and then the whole ice beer market fell apart.’
- ‘Brodrick has an ice beer festival planned in December.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the premium, popular, malt liquor and ice beer segments continued to see their market shares decline.’
- ‘And the beer industry has seen its share of new products come and go - dry beer, ice beer and red beer are a few that come to mind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.