One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to illness caused by medical examination or treatment.
- ‘This means significant cost savings in medications and possible iatrogenic side effects.’
- ‘Blood tests can induce iatrogenic anaemia in patients, are time consuming for staff, and are costly.’
- ‘The authors attribute this incongruity to the higher rate of iatrogenic preterm deliveries in the untreated group.’
- ‘This condition is defined as an iatrogenic complication of ovarian stimulation.’
- ‘By encouraging better adherence, our pharmacists may have precipitated iatrogenic illness that previously had been avoided.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.