Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A proprietary technology that allows data to be transferred to and from Internet sites via mobile phones.
- ‘Html mail can be decorated with different backgrounds, text colors/sizes and photos, as well as animations downloaded from i-mode sites.’
- ‘Customers can surf i-mode sites, email and chat, download games, applications and ring tones and send and receive photos.’
- ‘Restructuring, new and faster phones, and a slow-but-steady expansion of its i-mode Internet mobile phones globally are having an effect.’
- ‘Not surprisingly, the number of i-mode accessible sites has increased consistently with the rise in the number of customers, currently numbering approximately 33,000 sites.’
- ‘One service permits bill-paying through popular i-mode mobile phones.’
Early 21st century: from I (referring to the user's ability to interact directly with the Internet) + mode.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.