One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small bipedal herbivorous dinosaur of the middle Jurassic to late Cretaceous periods, adapted for swift running.
- ‘The Ornithopoda included the hadrosaurs, the iguanodontids, the heterodontosaurs, the hypsilophodontids, and various other dinosaurs.’
- ‘Other bones of plant-eating dinosaurs, such as hypsilophodontids, were uncovered from the same region of peninsular Antarctica.’
- ‘This is not true for the hypsilophodontids, which implies they remained active year round, and didn't hibernate, said Rich.’
- ‘Almost half of the dinosaur fossils found in southeastern Australia are hypsilophodontids.’
- ‘Along with the giant herbivores there were also the small fleet-footed ‘fabrosaurs’, scutellosaurs, and hypsilophodontids.’
Late 19th century: from modern Latin Hypsilophodontidae, from Greek hupsilophos ‘high-crested’ + odous, odont- ‘tooth’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.