One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Breathing at an abnormally slow rate, resulting in an increased amount of carbon dioxide in the blood.
- ‘Hypotension or hypoventilation that would have precluded transfer was no more common in older patients than in younger patients.’
- ‘The airway is reduced and the person will experience hypoventilation (inadequate breathing).’
- ‘Adverse outcomes during sedation usually have hypoxemia as a common pathway after hypoventilation or apnea leading to brain injury or death.’
- ‘Transient apnea and hypoventilation occurred with all drugs, suggesting the need for available ventilatory support.’
- ‘The most serious complication is respiratory failure from airway obstruction or hypoventilation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.