Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development in children and adults.
- ‘The commonest cause of hypothyroidism is an autoimmune inflammation of the thyroid gland (thyroiditis).’
- ‘Congenital hypothyroidism is a thyroid hormone deficiency that retards growth and brain development.’
- ‘Mental retardation may result if hypothyroidism goes untreated in the first few years of life.’
- ‘Rule out other causes such as claudication, disk disease, hypothyroidism, and myositis.’
- ‘She had a history of hypothyroidism and asthma.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.