One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for hypostatize
- ‘The practical circumstances of this ‘emancipation’ could not be sustained in the hypostasising jargon of meaning.’
- ‘Nozick protests that he does not, as Hacking charges, describe rationality as a ‘hypostasised entity.’’
- ‘Love as God's mode of existence ‘hypostasizes’ God, constitutes his being.’
- ‘To posit a rupture is to hypostasize a piercing through; an Aufhebung which neither lifts up nor preserves the dialectic.’
- ‘The clown, the early counterpart of the trickster, would have in ritual the role of evoking the violation of taboo, hypostasized in myth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.