One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
(chiefly in science fiction) a device used to introduce a drug or other substance into the body through the skin without puncturing it.
- ‘He spun a hypospray in one hand, then pressed it to Bracks' neck, sending him into merciful unconsciousness.’
- ‘Finally, he reached into the coat and pulled out a hypospray, a small pistol shaped tool with a rounder barrel and notch at the top for inserting vials.’
- ‘Then he looked at the hypospray, grinned, and put it to his own neck.’
- ‘Suddenly I felt a coldness against my neck and the brief pinch that usually meant someone had just punched a hypospray into my bloodstream.’
- ‘The invention of real hyposprays, like the kind Dr. McCoy uses, was just the beginning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.