Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A congenital condition in males in which the opening of the urethra is on the underside of the penis.
- ‘The incidence of asthma is up, as is hypospadias - a congenital shortening of the urethra in males.’
- ‘The foreskin on a penis with hypospadias is also abnormal.’
- ‘In boys with hypospadias, the opening is on the under surface of penis and so the urine is directed down towards their feet.’
- ‘Twenty parents whose male children were admitted for elective hypospadias repair procedures were interviewed using a qualitative approach.’
- ‘In children with hypospadias, urine exits from the hole on the under surface of penis.’
Early 19th century: from Greek hupospadias person having hypospadias.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.