One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abnormally slow or shallow breathing.
- ‘The apnea-hypopnea index was defined as total number of apneas and hypopneas divided by the number of hours of sleep.’
- ‘Central apneas and hypopneas were scored as previously described.’
- ‘In this scenario, the patient underwent a sleep study that showed repetitive obstructive sleep apneas and hypopneas.’
- ‘A nocturnal polysomnogram demonstrated minimal central apneas / hypopneas associated with mild desaturation by pulse oximetry.’
- ‘Sleep-disordered breathing is characterized by frequent pauses in breathing during sleep, apneas, and hypopneas.’
- ‘Central hypopneas were more common, but their reduction after pacing did not reach statistical significance.’
- ‘Obstructive apneas and hypopneas are most commonly observed during REM sleep in children.’
- ‘Sleep apnea was defined as an increased number of apneas and hypopneas on overnight monitoring.’
- ‘The AHI was calculated as the total number of apneas or hypopneas per hour of total sleep time.’
- ‘The reference standard for identifying apneas and hypopneas is the recording of flow with a pneumotachograph but this can disrupt sleep.’
- ‘An unknown proportion of patients with scoliosis develop central hypopneas, particularly during rapid eye movement sleep.’
- ‘The apnea-hypopnea index was defined as the number of apneas and hypopneas per hour of TST.’
- ‘Reopening of the airway at the termination of obstructive apneas and hypopneas is associated with a burst of pharyngeal muscle activity.’
- ‘Analysis of nocturnal respiration included detection of apneas, hypopneas (central and obstructive), and periods of desaturation.’
- ‘The aim of this procedure is to identify an effective pressure to remove apneas, hypopneas, snoring, and arousals.’
- ‘Sleep apnea syndrome was defined as more than 20 apneas and/or hypopneas per hour of sleep.’
- ‘The apnea-hypopnea index was calculated as the number of apneas or hypopneas per hour of sleep.’
- ‘Steltner and coworkers developed a new algorithm for automated detection and classification of apneas and hypopneas.’
- ‘Thus, we chose a trigger level that minimized the number of hypopneas without spurious triggering of the ventilator.’
- ‘The severity of the condition is measured by the number of apneas (cessations of airflow) or hypopneas (reductions in airflow) that cause sleep arousal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.