Diminished hormone secretion by the pituitary gland, causing dwarfism in children and premature aging in adults.
- ‘Endocrinological consultation found longstanding symptoms which indicated hypopituitarism, and blood testing confirmed this.’
- ‘Patients with intracranial germinoma at other locations may present with diabetes insipidus, hypopituitarism, and Perinaud syndrome.’
- ‘He was generally well, although he was small and taking growth hormone for hypopituitarism.’
- ‘Cushing recognized the states of hypopituitarism and hyperpituitarism, and he had a keen interest in acromegaly and dwarfism.’
- ‘If the patient has hypopituitarism, the level of TSH is not increased.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.