Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Diminished hormone secretion by the pituitary gland, causing dwarfism in children and premature aging in adults.
- ‘Cushing recognized the states of hypopituitarism and hyperpituitarism, and he had a keen interest in acromegaly and dwarfism.’
- ‘He was generally well, although he was small and taking growth hormone for hypopituitarism.’
- ‘Endocrinological consultation found longstanding symptoms which indicated hypopituitarism, and blood testing confirmed this.’
- ‘Patients with intracranial germinoma at other locations may present with diabetes insipidus, hypopituitarism, and Perinaud syndrome.’
- ‘If the patient has hypopituitarism, the level of TSH is not increased.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.