Diminished concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, which causes deficiencies of calcium and phosphorus compounds in the blood and results in muscular spasms.
- ‘Past medical history was remarkable for congenital hypoparathyroidism and seizure disorder related to hypocalcemia.’
- ‘However, this patient had no clinical evidence of either hyperparathyroidism or hypoparathyroidism.’
- ‘Doniach postulated that Addison's disease, thyrotoxicosis, myxoedema, pernicious anaemia, and hypoparathyroidism might have the same aetiology.’
- ‘Transient hypoparathyroidism resolves within three to five months.’
- ‘Risks of parathyroid surgery include permanent hypoparathyroidism and damage to the recurrent laryngeal nerve.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.