Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Diminished concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, which causes deficiencies of calcium and phosphorus compounds in the blood and results in muscular spasms.
- ‘Past medical history was remarkable for congenital hypoparathyroidism and seizure disorder related to hypocalcemia.’
- ‘Doniach postulated that Addison's disease, thyrotoxicosis, myxoedema, pernicious anaemia, and hypoparathyroidism might have the same aetiology.’
- ‘Risks of parathyroid surgery include permanent hypoparathyroidism and damage to the recurrent laryngeal nerve.’
- ‘Transient hypoparathyroidism resolves within three to five months.’
- ‘However, this patient had no clinical evidence of either hyperparathyroidism or hypoparathyroidism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.