One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Diminished concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, which causes deficiencies of calcium and phosphorus compounds in the blood and results in muscular spasms.
- ‘Risks of parathyroid surgery include permanent hypoparathyroidism and damage to the recurrent laryngeal nerve.’
- ‘Doniach postulated that Addison's disease, thyrotoxicosis, myxoedema, pernicious anaemia, and hypoparathyroidism might have the same aetiology.’
- ‘Past medical history was remarkable for congenital hypoparathyroidism and seizure disorder related to hypocalcemia.’
- ‘Transient hypoparathyroidism resolves within three to five months.’
- ‘However, this patient had no clinical evidence of either hyperparathyroidism or hypoparathyroidism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.