Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity.
- ‘As noted earlier, patients suffering from mania or hypomania seldom consult psychoanalysts.’
- ‘A mild to moderate level of mania is called hypomania.’
- ‘This family's story illustrates the concrete relationship between mania and hypomania.’
- ‘The clinical presentations of this disorder are broad and include mania, hypomania and psychosis.’
- ‘Without proper treatment, however, hypomania can become severe mania in some people or can switch to depression.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.