Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity.
- ‘The clinical presentations of this disorder are broad and include mania, hypomania and psychosis.’
- ‘Without proper treatment, however, hypomania can become severe mania in some people or can switch to depression.’
- ‘As noted earlier, patients suffering from mania or hypomania seldom consult psychoanalysts.’
- ‘A mild to moderate level of mania is called hypomania.’
- ‘This family's story illustrates the concrete relationship between mania and hypomania.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.