A mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity.
- ‘The clinical presentations of this disorder are broad and include mania, hypomania and psychosis.’
- ‘Without proper treatment, however, hypomania can become severe mania in some people or can switch to depression.’
- ‘As noted earlier, patients suffering from mania or hypomania seldom consult psychoanalysts.’
- ‘A mild to moderate level of mania is called hypomania.’
- ‘This family's story illustrates the concrete relationship between mania and hypomania.’