Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Deficiency of magnesium in the blood, significant in cattle as the cause of grass tetany.
- ‘Marked hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, and hyperkalemia may also contribute.’
- ‘Symptomatic hypocalcemia and hypomagnesemia can be treated with replacement therapy.’
- ‘Severe magnesium deficiency, or hypomagnesaemia, can block the release of parathyroid hormone.’
- ‘Rule out reversible underlying causes (such as hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia and hypoxia).’
- ‘Hypokalemia and/or hypomagnesemia can increase the risk of QT prolongation and arrhythmia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.