Deficiency of magnesium in the blood, significant in cattle as the cause of grass tetany.
- ‘Symptomatic hypocalcemia and hypomagnesemia can be treated with replacement therapy.’
- ‘Severe magnesium deficiency, or hypomagnesaemia, can block the release of parathyroid hormone.’
- ‘Hypokalemia and/or hypomagnesemia can increase the risk of QT prolongation and arrhythmia.’
- ‘Rule out reversible underlying causes (such as hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia and hypoxia).’
- ‘Marked hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, and hyperkalemia may also contribute.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.