One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The curve traced by a point on the circumference of a circle which is rolling on the interior of another circle.
- ‘Similarly, the vertexes of an hypocycloid are the points on the curve that coincides with an inscribed circle.’
- ‘The present invention relates to a hypocycloid engine assembly which may be used in internal combustion engines.’
- ‘If the describing circle is half the diameter of the pitch circle, the hypocycloid is a radial straight line.’
- ‘It was also investigated by Steiner in 1856 and is sometimes called Steiner's hypocycloid.’
- ‘The present invention relates to a hypocycloid gear assembly used in internal combustion engines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.