Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Another name for orexin.See also orexin
- ‘Hypocretin peptides are neurotransmitters that play an important role in regulating sleep and appetite.’
- ‘It seems to be caused by a deficiency of hypocretin, a molecule that allows cells to successfully communicate with each other.’
- ‘Research has identified that there is reduced hypocretin in the brains of those who have narcolepsy.’
- ‘Hypocretin replacement may prove feasible in the future.’
- ‘The narcoleptic brains showed a dramatic loss of hypocretin cells, between 85 and 95 percent fewer than the normal brains.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.