One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Chloroform can be made from ethanol by reacting the ethanol with calcium hypochlorite.’
- ‘The hypochlorite ion is an oxidizing agent that sterilizes water by ridding it of microorganisms.’
- ‘Common household cleaners can contain simple inorganic chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite or hydrochloric acid.’
- ‘The active ingredient in ordinary household bleach, sodium hypochlorite, keeps white clothing white and your bathtub sparkling.’
- ‘Many cleaners are basically bleaches, containing bleaching agents, such as sodium hypochlorite or oxalic acid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.