One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Deficiency of calcium in the bloodstream.
- ‘Other conditions that may prolong QT intervals are clinical hypocalcemia, hypokalemia, ischemia, or infarction.’
- ‘Symptomatic hypocalcemia and hypomagnesemia can be treated with replacement therapy.’
- ‘The patient may experience nausea, vomiting, hyperventilation, and hypocalcemia with muscle tetany and seizures.’
- ‘No significant change in serum calcium and no symptoms of hypocalcemia were noted.’
- ‘Treatment with sodium bicarbonate may worsen hypocalcemia initially because of the protein binding of calcium.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.