Deficiency of calcium in the bloodstream.
- ‘No significant change in serum calcium and no symptoms of hypocalcemia were noted.’
- ‘Other conditions that may prolong QT intervals are clinical hypocalcemia, hypokalemia, ischemia, or infarction.’
- ‘Symptomatic hypocalcemia and hypomagnesemia can be treated with replacement therapy.’
- ‘The patient may experience nausea, vomiting, hyperventilation, and hypocalcemia with muscle tetany and seizures.’
- ‘Treatment with sodium bicarbonate may worsen hypocalcemia initially because of the protein binding of calcium.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.