One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Deficiency of calcium in the bloodstream.
- ‘No significant change in serum calcium and no symptoms of hypocalcemia were noted.’
- ‘Other conditions that may prolong QT intervals are clinical hypocalcemia, hypokalemia, ischemia, or infarction.’
- ‘Treatment with sodium bicarbonate may worsen hypocalcemia initially because of the protein binding of calcium.’
- ‘The patient may experience nausea, vomiting, hyperventilation, and hypocalcemia with muscle tetany and seizures.’
- ‘Symptomatic hypocalcemia and hypomagnesemia can be treated with replacement therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.