Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially of cosmetics and textiles) relatively unlikely to cause an allergic reaction.
- ‘Make sure that all of their skincare is hypo-allergenic and formulated for sensitive and dry skin.’
- ‘I have even tried hypo-allergenic brands, but my face gets bright red and puffs up no matter which brand I try.’
- ‘It is also non-toxic and hypo-allergenic to livestock and humans.’
- ‘Time for Gene Wilder to do a sequel called ‘Old Franksteen’ where he'd have a hypo-allergenic cat named ‘Franken-kitty’.’
- ‘Can't she pick out her own Zircon and hypo-allergenic steel?’
- ‘You can purchase hypo-allergenic food from James Wellbeloved, a producer of dried food.’
- ‘Whatever diet you provide, it needs to be hypo-allergenic for your individual dog.’
- ‘The range currently includes soap bars and a hypo-allergenic washing powder.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.