One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of hypnosis as a therapeutic technique.
- ‘Legitimate clinical hypnotherapy practiced by a qualified professional is not the same process as that performed on stage.’
- ‘Inner Strengths is one of the very best books on hypnotherapy, and on psychotherapy, published in the last decade.’
- ‘Many of the authors have published extensively on hypnosis and hypnotherapy.’
- ‘Other therapies include art and music therapy, hypnotherapy and acupuncture.’
- ‘He continued in hypnotherapy as Jo when he changed names.’
- ‘The experimental group was given appropriate information on hypnotherapy and its advantages.’
- ‘Relatively little about hypnotherapy appears until nearly the middle of the twentieth century.’
- ‘Men, too, can reap the benefit of hypnotherapy and cognitive therapy involving visualisation and relaxation techniques.’
- ‘Colleagues said Dr Gamble was also noted for his pioneering work in medical and dental hypnotherapy.’
- ‘The Cochrane review of nine small trials of hypnotherapy found it no more effective than other behavioural interventions.’
- ‘Other forms of psychotherapy and even hypnotherapy may be helpful.’
- ‘He achieved impressive skill in hypnotherapy, acquired in the 60s from other chest physician enthusiasts.’
- ‘In this case, our two hypnotherapy techniques are also useful.’
- ‘Despite its potential as a powerful therapeutic lever in hypnotherapy, little has been written about applying OBE in this milieu.’
- ‘There are many stress management techniques in the form of counselling, psychotherapy and hypnotherapy.’
- ‘In most varieties of clinical hypnosis and hypnotherapy, induction is seen as a means towards the establishment of a trance.’
- ‘There is some evidence that both hypnotherapy and relaxation techniques are useful.’
- ‘His parents tried all avenues of speech therapy, hypnotherapy and psychoanalysis to no avail.’
- ‘Consequently, much hypnotherapy occurs at a light level, although depth is required for sensory hypnoanalgesia.’
- ‘She was experiencing significant distress due to hot flashes and was referred by her oncologist for hypnotherapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.