Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Overactivity of the thyroid gland, resulting in a rapid heartbeat and an increased rate of metabolism.Also called thyrotoxicosis
- ‘The symptoms of both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism are non-specific and can be mimicked by other conditions.’
- ‘These tests can help determine if a patient has thyroid problems, including hyperthyroidism and cancer or other growths.’
- ‘It is unusual for patients with nodular thyroid disease to have hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.’
- ‘Evaluation may also be appropriate for women who develop postpartum symptoms of hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.’
- ‘You review the symptoms of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism with her and find that she has none of them.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.