One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Overactivity of the thyroid gland, resulting in a rapid heartbeat and an increased rate of metabolism.Also called thyrotoxicosis
- ‘It is unusual for patients with nodular thyroid disease to have hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.’
- ‘These tests can help determine if a patient has thyroid problems, including hyperthyroidism and cancer or other growths.’
- ‘You review the symptoms of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism with her and find that she has none of them.’
- ‘The symptoms of both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism are non-specific and can be mimicked by other conditions.’
- ‘Evaluation may also be appropriate for women who develop postpartum symptoms of hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.