One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A Swedish study in which hypertensive men had higher mortality from cardiovascular disease than non-hypertensive men presented similar findings.’
- ‘Researchers collected data on 380 pharmacologically treated hypertensive patients who had an ischemic stroke between 1989 and 1996.’
- ‘The patient was last examined 12 months postoperatively and was without hypertensive signs or symptoms.’
- ‘However, these agents are recommended for use in hypertensive patients who already have vascular disease.’
- ‘In this way, another study shows that ventilatory responses to hypoxia were higher in hypertensive patients than in normotensive OSA patients.’
- ‘The authors conclude that targeted diabetes screening in hypertensive patients older than 55 years is the most efficient strategy.’
- ‘It is rare for malignant hypertension to cause asymmetric hypertensive retinopathy.’
- ‘The study included 1,094 self-identified blacks with hypertensive kidney disease.’
- ‘Fifteen children were hypertensive, with the disease in 3 children uncontrolled by diet and the usual antihypertensive drugs.’
- ‘A 43 year old female, diabetic, hypertensive patient presented with a two year history of clear left sided nasal discharge which was worse on bending forward.’
- ‘An 88-year-old hypertensive man with multiple myeloma was admitted to our hospital because of a right lower lobe pneumonia.’
- ‘The key to the successful management of patients with severely elevated BP is to differentiate hypertensive crises from hypertensive urgencies.’
- ‘The patient was hypertensive and had coronary artery disease.’
- ‘The effects of the drugs on clinical outcomes have not been compared in long term clinical trials in hypertensive type 2 diabetic patients.’
A person with high blood pressure.
- ‘You whine about hypertensives and diabetics, but some time calculate how much you make treating them.’
- ‘One in four American adults have hypertension, and up to 30% of deaths in hypertensives are attributable to high blood pressure.’
- ‘One study found insufficient sleep can contribute to increased blood pressure in hypertensives.’
- ‘In preliminary reports, exercise training in hypertensives leads to regression of left ventricular hypertrophy.’
- ‘This rarefaction can be found in young hypertensives and may have a hereditary component.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.