One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium.
- ‘The high phosphorous content of soft drinks might cause secondary hyperparathyroidism, leading to bone loss.’
- ‘The guidelines in the treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism and parathyroid carcinoma are not accurate.’
- ‘Bone pain can occur in patients with hyperparathyroidism or malignancy.’
- ‘The diagnosis of primary hyperparathyroidism depends on plasma calcium concentration.’
- ‘Surgery is the treatment of choice in patients with symptoms of primary hyperparathyroidism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.