Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium.
- ‘The high phosphorous content of soft drinks might cause secondary hyperparathyroidism, leading to bone loss.’
- ‘The diagnosis of primary hyperparathyroidism depends on plasma calcium concentration.’
- ‘The guidelines in the treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism and parathyroid carcinoma are not accurate.’
- ‘Bone pain can occur in patients with hyperparathyroidism or malignancy.’
- ‘Surgery is the treatment of choice in patients with symptoms of primary hyperparathyroidism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.