One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A parasite whose host is itself a parasite.
- ‘Another small family, Elasmidae, also consists of both primary and hyperparasites.’
- ‘Hyperparasite attack may reduce the effectiveness of L. testaceipes if the hyperparasite is abundant.’
- ‘Others, such as the ichneumonid subfamily Mesochorinae, are hyperparasites and attack other parasitoids.’
- ‘Some may be hyperparasites and could reduce the benefits of host-specific parasites of the CLM.’
- ‘Results of laboratory tests indicated that T. atroviride is an effective hyperparasite of S. sclerotiorum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.