One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or in a state in which mutation is abnormally frequent.
- ‘The situation of recurrent mutation is especially likely for a C / T polymorphism at the hypermutable CpG dinucleotides.’
- ‘After 60 cycles of single colony isolation, close to 30% of the lineages have a mutation at this hypermutable site.’
- ‘As predicted by the fact that microsatellites are hypermutable, many flanking-sequence variants were associated with multiple repeat alleles.’
- ‘High GC may cause elevated substitution rates, e.g., by a higher incidence of hypermutable CpG sites.’
- ‘The high rate of evolution in ancestral repeats may be due partly to higher levels of hypermutable CpG dinucleotides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.