- another term for hyperopia
- ‘Doctors need to be able to distinguish hypermetropia from myopia.’
- ‘Photo refractive surgery is another available treatment for hypermetropia, as is laser eye surgery.’
- ‘Just as people have myopia (short sight) and hypermetropia (long sight), Aberropia is another refractive error.’
- ‘Contact lenses can be used most advantageously to correct myopia, but can also be used for hypermetropia and corneal astigmatism.’
- ‘Apart from testing the eye, they supply booklets detailing eye care with particular reference to refractive errors such as myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism.’
- ‘The medical name for long-sightedness is hypermetropia.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek hupermetros beyond measure (from huper over, above + metron measure) + ōps eye.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.