Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An extension to hypertext providing multimedia facilities, such as those handling sound and video.
- ‘One aspect of hypertext and hypermedia, for example, is its capacity to link sources in ways that disrupt the continuity of a narrative.’
- ‘Hypertext or hypermedia are the basis of most computer-based learning materials.’
- ‘One important form of editorial comment concerns suggesting and promoting new forms of hypermedia literacies.’
- ‘Computer multimedia and hypermedia offer exciting possibilities as well as unsolved problems for cultural communication and art.’
- ‘The present invention comprises a novel system for authoring and publishing hypermedia works.’
1960s: from hyper- above, beyond + media.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.