One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An abnormally high concentration of fats or lipids in the blood.
- ‘The six programmes that used financial incentives for patients were for asthma, depression, hyperlipidaemia, and hypertension.’
- ‘In some settings, this may include drugs to optimise risk factors such as hypertension, diabetes, and hyperlipidaemia.’
- ‘The prevalence ratios for diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidaemia, and smoking changed less or did not change significantly.’
- ‘They should also be screened for hyperlipidaemia and diabetes.’
- ‘What methods of lipid lowering decrease overall mortality rates in patients with hyperlipidemia?’
- ‘In addition, persons with diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia are more likely to have nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.’
- ‘He had no history of hypertension, diabetes mellitus, or hyperlipidemia.’
- ‘She had insulin dependent type 2 diabetes, with hypertension and hyperlipidaemia.’
- ‘Like hypertension and cigarette smoking, diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia are modifiable risk factors for stroke.’
- ‘Several other risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as obesity, diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemia, are also correlated with CRP levels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.