Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An abnormally high concentration of fats or lipids in the blood.
- ‘Several other risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as obesity, diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemia, are also correlated with CRP levels.’
- ‘What methods of lipid lowering decrease overall mortality rates in patients with hyperlipidemia?’
- ‘Like hypertension and cigarette smoking, diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia are modifiable risk factors for stroke.’
- ‘In addition, persons with diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia are more likely to have nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.’
- ‘He had no history of hypertension, diabetes mellitus, or hyperlipidemia.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.