An abnormally high concentration of fats or lipids in the blood.
- ‘What methods of lipid lowering decrease overall mortality rates in patients with hyperlipidemia?’
- ‘In addition, persons with diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia are more likely to have nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.’
- ‘He had no history of hypertension, diabetes mellitus, or hyperlipidemia.’
- ‘Like hypertension and cigarette smoking, diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia are modifiable risk factors for stroke.’
- ‘Several other risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as obesity, diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemia, are also correlated with CRP levels.’