One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Of or affected with hyperkinesis.
- ‘But what most people see is a highly ambitious, hyperkinetic executive who has worked at five different companies in the past four decades.’
- ‘For example, in the second programme, a 10 year old boy with hyperkinetic conduct disorder assaulted his sister.’
- ‘The hyperkinetic athlete traveled the globe, learned ice hockey, and coauthored three mystery novels before returning to full-time play.’
- ‘Another term for the disorder is hyperkinetic disorder.’
- ‘I was my parents’ most hyperkinetic child and needed a little more attention.’
- ‘Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or hyperkinetic disorder is used to describe children who have three main kinds of problems.’
- ‘Septic shock has long been considered as hyperkinetic shock.’
- ‘One case had a third diagnosis of hyperkinetic disorder (attention deficit).’
- ‘Leyner himself is dynamic, hyperkinetic and obsessive.’
- ‘DSM-II used the term hyperkinetic reaction of childhood, emphasizing the gross motor aspects of the syndrome.’
- 1.1US Frenetic; hyperactive.
- ‘A Simple Plan marked a new direction for Raimi, showing that he could do stylized drama as well as hyperkinetic horror movies.’
- ‘Still, the movie races by at a whippet's pace that just about holds the story together, backed up by some hyperkinetic visuals to match.’
- ‘Gone is the hyperkinetic, hyperstylized flashy cam which made Go one of the best films of its year (despite its being paper-bag empty).’
- ‘The impression endures up to the moment that the hyperkinetic breaks kick in and roll forth with gleeful abandon.’
- ‘The guitars in the hyperkinetic ode to paradise lost, ‘Temptation Island,’ wink at Led Zeppelin.’
- ‘They're fantastically loud, hyperkinetic places that overwhelm the senses - especially our vision.’
- ‘The violence is more or less hyperkinetic and stylized.’
- ‘He was a hyperkinetic manager, constantly in motion in his facility - in the machine shop, in the power plant, in the drafting room.’
- ‘Plus, his style is totally born of his hyperkinetic shooting methods.’
- ‘And though hyperkinetic video games beat board-game sales seven to one, Hasbro and child-rearing experts say the old games are far from doomed.’
- ‘In this hyperkinetic Korean action-fantasy pic, chaos reigns at a Hogwarts-like school for the magically inclined.’
- ‘Throughout, he maintained the same high-voltage delivery and hyperkinetic flourishes with which he had begun.’
- ‘Breakbeat Massive is indeed full of massive breakbeats, mixed and mashed into a hyperkinetic hour-plus set.’
- ‘I don't know what it all means, but this hyperkinetic mishmash of action and avant-garde left me reeling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.