One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Monetary inflation occurring at a very high rate.
- ‘A mere five years after the end of hyperinflation, the country's economy began to turn down once more.’
- ‘That regime is capable of unleashing the most horrendous forces of economic destruction: deflation or hyperinflation.’
- ‘The traditional remedy for inflation in general, and hyperinflation in particular, is gold.’
- ‘It imposed an economic program that ended hyperinflation and stabilized Bolivia's economy.’
- ‘And remember, on top of this, there is a basic high rate of hyperinflation already built into the system right now.’
- ‘So far so good, but what about contingency plans to combat inflation, and hyperinflation to boot?’
- ‘Many countries have resorted to printing money and have experienced hyperinflation under those circumstances.’
- ‘After six years of war, the country suffered from hyperinflation, food shortages, ill-clothed soldiers, and a plundered citizenry.’
- ‘You cannot think straight in the midst of hyperinflation.’
- ‘This is especially true in case of hyperinflation.’
- ‘When price increases get out of control, inflation is referred to as hyperinflation.’
- ‘This is the point where the game slips out of the hands of the stabilizers and hyperinflation and depression loom.’
- ‘The hyperinflation resorted to after the coup d'état completed the financial destruction of these foundations.’
- ‘Brazil has successfully made the transition from the military rule and hyperinflation of the 1980s.’
- ‘If the UK was in a boom and the interest rate was set too low, hyperinflation could take place and lead to economic melt down.’
- ‘The states' economies began to experience hyperinflation as state governments printed paper money to meet war expenditures.’
- ‘Lessons learned during the days of hyperinflation in the 1970s and 1980s are coming in handy.’
- ‘While hyperinflation persisted, this was a big advantage.’
- ‘If the central bank chooses to persevere in their inflation, hyperinflation will be unleashed.’
- ‘Salim says the nation won over crisis once before - hyperinflation, no jobs, decrepit infrastructure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.