One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Monetary inflation occurring at a very high rate.
- ‘The traditional remedy for inflation in general, and hyperinflation in particular, is gold.’
- ‘After six years of war, the country suffered from hyperinflation, food shortages, ill-clothed soldiers, and a plundered citizenry.’
- ‘The states' economies began to experience hyperinflation as state governments printed paper money to meet war expenditures.’
- ‘When price increases get out of control, inflation is referred to as hyperinflation.’
- ‘The hyperinflation resorted to after the coup d'état completed the financial destruction of these foundations.’
- ‘It imposed an economic program that ended hyperinflation and stabilized Bolivia's economy.’
- ‘That regime is capable of unleashing the most horrendous forces of economic destruction: deflation or hyperinflation.’
- ‘If the UK was in a boom and the interest rate was set too low, hyperinflation could take place and lead to economic melt down.’
- ‘So far so good, but what about contingency plans to combat inflation, and hyperinflation to boot?’
- ‘And remember, on top of this, there is a basic high rate of hyperinflation already built into the system right now.’
- ‘Salim says the nation won over crisis once before - hyperinflation, no jobs, decrepit infrastructure.’
- ‘This is the point where the game slips out of the hands of the stabilizers and hyperinflation and depression loom.’
- ‘Many countries have resorted to printing money and have experienced hyperinflation under those circumstances.’
- ‘Lessons learned during the days of hyperinflation in the 1970s and 1980s are coming in handy.’
- ‘Brazil has successfully made the transition from the military rule and hyperinflation of the 1980s.’
- ‘You cannot think straight in the midst of hyperinflation.’
- ‘This is especially true in case of hyperinflation.’
- ‘If the central bank chooses to persevere in their inflation, hyperinflation will be unleashed.’
- ‘While hyperinflation persisted, this was a big advantage.’
- ‘A mere five years after the end of hyperinflation, the country's economy began to turn down once more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.