One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a high concentration of antibodies produced in reaction to repeated injections of an antigen.
- ‘The pooled hyperimmune rabbit serum was used in immunoblot and found to recognize all the major bands.’
- ‘Health status of the cow is also considered important in determining antibody response when producing hyperimmune products.’
- ‘Their live-virus hyperimmune vaccine made historic advances in the control of the disease.’
- ‘Chick-embryo extracts take the idea of hyperimmune eggs one step further.’
- ‘Conversely, an allergy is a hyperimmune response to a special antigen called an allergen (eg, pollen, chemical substances).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.