Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a high concentration of antibodies produced in reaction to repeated injections of an antigen.
- ‘The pooled hyperimmune rabbit serum was used in immunoblot and found to recognize all the major bands.’
- ‘Their live-virus hyperimmune vaccine made historic advances in the control of the disease.’
- ‘Conversely, an allergy is a hyperimmune response to a special antigen called an allergen (eg, pollen, chemical substances).’
- ‘Chick-embryo extracts take the idea of hyperimmune eggs one step further.’
- ‘Health status of the cow is also considered important in determining antibody response when producing hyperimmune products.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.