One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Acutely or excessively aware of something.‘placing so much emphasis on willpower as to become hyperconscious, if not sometimes even inhibited’
- ‘It uses some of the devises of dream, like multiple personality and tiers of meaning, but its procedures are hyperconscious.’
- ‘Now, the curved screen seems insanely bulbous, and I'm hyperconscious of the high-pitched sound it emits.’
- ‘There is no way to train as a dancer and not be hyperconscious of the way you look, the proportions of your body, and the quality of your movement.’
- ‘I like to think if the galaxy is a conscious being then it would be self aware, as I'm thinking of it as a hyperconscious being.’
- ‘The theoretical framework takes from this disturbed mode of comportment a hyperconscious subjectivity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.