Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Acutely or excessively aware.‘placing so much emphasis on willpower as to become hyperconscious, if not sometimes even inhibited’
- ‘I like to think if the galaxy is a conscious being then it would be self aware, as I'm thinking of it as a hyperconscious being.’
- ‘There is no way to train as a dancer and not be hyperconscious of the way you look, the proportions of your body, and the quality of your movement.’
- ‘Now, the curved screen seems insanely bulbous, and I'm hyperconscious of the high-pitched sound it emits.’
- ‘The theoretical framework takes from this disturbed mode of comportment a hyperconscious subjectivity.’
- ‘It uses some of the devises of dream, like multiple personality and tiers of meaning, but its procedures are hyperconscious.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.