One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Acutely or excessively aware of something.‘placing so much emphasis on willpower as to become hyperconscious, if not sometimes even inhibited’
- ‘There is no way to train as a dancer and not be hyperconscious of the way you look, the proportions of your body, and the quality of your movement.’
- ‘Now, the curved screen seems insanely bulbous, and I'm hyperconscious of the high-pitched sound it emits.’
- ‘I like to think if the galaxy is a conscious being then it would be self aware, as I'm thinking of it as a hyperconscious being.’
- ‘The theoretical framework takes from this disturbed mode of comportment a hyperconscious subjectivity.’
- ‘It uses some of the devises of dream, like multiple personality and tiers of meaning, but its procedures are hyperconscious.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.