One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessive carbon dioxide in the bloodstream, typically caused by inadequate respiration.
- ‘We also computed the number of spikes discharged in each respiratory cycle, at each level of hypercapnia.’
- ‘Baseline ventilation was normal, and the respiratory and cardiovascular responses to hyperoxic hypercapnia were normal in the patients.’
- ‘These effects include a mild degree of hypoventilation with consequent hypercapnia, and a diminished responsiveness to respiratory stimuli.’
- ‘Adults with cystic fibrosis are susceptible to hypoxemia, hypercapnia, arousal from sleep, and neurobehavioral impairment.’
- ‘During a relapse, respiratory muscle weakness can precipitate hypoxemia and hypercapnia of rapid onset.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.