Abnormally heightened sensitivity to pain.
- ‘These mediators and the related tissue injury prolong pain and hyperalgesia.’
- ‘The mechanism for the pain may involve the development of an area of hyperalgesia as a result of myofascial stretch injury.’
- ‘Neurogenic inflammation is a process by which sensory nerves may secrete inflammatory mediators, resulting in hyperalgesia and inflammation.’
- ‘They also act as mediators of inflammatory hyperalgesia.’
- ‘Intravenous opiates or ketamine administered before incision can lead to decreases in wound hyperalgesia days after the surgery.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.