Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A condition in which the level of acid in the gastric juices is excessive, causing discomfort.
dyspepsia, hyperacidity, acidity, heartburn, a gastric upsetView synonyms
- ‘If I eat spicy food, I get hyperacidity.’
- ‘This will ease heartburn, hyperacidity, gastritis and peptic ulceration, and its gentle astringency is also useful in treating diarrhoea in children.’
- ‘Henna painting also takes away excess heat from the body and calms hives and rashes and balances hyperacidity.’
- ‘Because it improves digestion but does not heat the body, Amla-Berry is ideal for calming mild to moderate hyperacidity.’
- ‘Hyperacidity, abdominal pain and frequent bowel movements are a possibility and patients try out several specialists without any abnormality being detected.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.