Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instrument that gives an indication of the humidity of the air.
- ‘He also designed the first flight instruments, including anemometers and hygroscopes.’
- ‘The hygroscope measures and records changes in humidity.’
- ‘Babf crystal exhibits high chemical stability, free of moisture and hygroscopes and has very good mechanical properties.’
- ‘The table below details the advantages and disadvantages of electric versus mechanical hygroscopes.’
- ‘Often the humidity required for bacteria to multiply is found on hygroscope materials.’
- ‘If moisturising is continuous over the hygroscope moisture content then flax can mould even during a couple of days.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.