A plant which grows in wet conditions.
- ‘A few hygrophytes and tropophytes are also met with, but under exceptional circumstances.’
- ‘Despite these unsympathetic harsh changes there are still many hygrophytes in the limited remaining marsh-lands.’
- ‘Around the marsh is a vast wetland, where hygrophytes are in full bloom in summer, and wild animals live peacefully, including red foxes, Sika deer and sables.’
- ‘Therefore, the distribution and growth habitat of hydrophyte and hygrophyte were investigated.’
- ‘They are the producers of the river ecosystem such as the alga or the hygrophyte.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.