One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]often as adjective hydroxylated
Introduce a hydroxyl group into (a molecule or compound).
- ‘The pheromone has been partially purified and consists of several related molecules similar to hydroxylated fatty acids.’
- ‘It appears generally that hydroxylated indoles undergo photodegradation more readily than nonhydroxylated derivatives.’
- ‘Amoxapine is hydroxylated by the liver and has an average half-life of 8 hours.’
- ‘It is hydroxylated to an active form in the liver, influenced by the level of serum calcium.’
- ‘Both women and men with lupus have been found to have increased concentrations of 16 - hydroxylated estrogens in the serum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.